Tuesday 27 October 2015

Could honey save your dry skin? Good Things face wash review

Hi,

This week is another review on the good things skincare brand. Sorry its a bit repetitive but A reminded me how much I love my Good Things Manuka Honey Creamy Cleanser and Refining Scrub

Alice Hart-Davis created the brand in 2010, which you can purchase from boots here

On the Good Things website they say:

GOOD THINGS is all about simple, effective and affordable skincare, with the added benefits of natural ingredients that can deliver genuine beauty benefits and keep the skin clear, healthy and radiant.
We launched with the SUPERFRUITS collection, designed to target problem skin and much loved for its super-effective results. Now, we have expanded our offering with our brilliant MANUKA HONEY and ARGAN OIL ranges.

Creamy Cleanser

I found this cleanser in TKMaxx about  a year ago and decided to buy it because my other face wash was running out. I love anything honey so this was perfect and it was even better that it doesn't test on animals either (no cruelty to the bees). As well as being vegetarian (the other ranges are vegan), they also only put 'Good things' into their products.

The Good Things range is targeted at people with oily to combination skin.  Within the brand, they have three ranges: Superfruits for young problematic skin; Manuka Honey for first signs of ageing; Argan Oil for keeping older skin radiant.

I just want to mention that I do not have ageing skin. The face wash said it would hydrate my skin which is what I need for my skin type (dry combination).

This face wash hydrates my skin meaning that once my face has been washed, it doesn't feel tight and stripped of all its oils. This face wash contains royal jelly and beeswax, which have great moisturising and protective properties. It smells delicious, hydrates my skin and its affordable, not to mention it is made of natural ingredients. After purchasing this product three times over the past year, I think this is my all time favourite face wash.

Refining Scrub

I picked up this scrub whilst repurchasing the face wash for the second time. I hate using face scrubs usually because they irritate my skin so I use skeptical about using this product. I bought it anyway as I loved the face wash and trusted the brand.

This product contains oatmeal and sweet almond oil as well as manuka honey. The oatmeal is meant to eliminate dead skin cells and the sweet almond oils contains nourishing and moisturising properties.

I love this scrub as it is not too harsh, smells amazing and leaves a moisturising residue so my face doesn't dry out, not forgetting the glow it leaves my skin.  I will definitely repurchase this product.

Thanks -C

No comments:

Post a Comment